The Golden Valley Electric is a rural electric company based in Alaska. It offers more than 100,000 residential and business service consumers. This non-profit cooperative is owned by the customers and serves over 3,00 miles of transmission lines.
Make Payment for Golden Valley Electric Association Bill
You will get several options to make a payment for your GVEA bill. You can choose to follow any payment option to make your payment.
Pay Golden Valley Electric Association Bill via Online Method:
- You can make payment for your Golden Valley Electric Association bill through the online payment method. To make the payment, you need to create your online account first. Once you created the account, follow these steps:
- You need to visit this link gvebill.com
- Then, on the provided field, input your username and password.
- To save the username, check the Remember me on this device.
- After providing the login details, simply select the Login option.
- Then, follow the steps further to make your bill payment.
Pay GVEA Bill by Mobile App:
Pay your Golden Valley Electric bill smart way by using the Golden Valley Electric app. Through the mobile app, you can easily manage your utility account. You will get the Golden Valley Electric mobile app on iPhone or Android mobile app. iPhone users will get the app on Apps Store. This Golden Valley Electric app is available for Android devices at Play Store. After installing the app on your device, login to your Golden Valley Electric accounts to make payment.
Pay Golden Valley Electric Association Bill by Phone:
You can also make the payment for the GVEA bill over the phone. You can choose to pay your bill through the automated phone system. You can make payment using an electronic check, credit, or debit card. To pay your bill, you need to dial 452-1151 (or toll-free at 1-800-770-4832). Then, simply follow the prompts to make a payment.
Pay GVEA Bill by Kiosk:
These are the following payment kiosk, through which you can pay your utility bill.
- a) Located in the entryway of Fairbanks lobby
Accessible 6am – 9pm / 7 days a week
- b) Located next to the front door of the Delta Junction office
Accessible 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- c) Located inside Coghill’s General Store in Nenana
Accessible 9am – 6pm / Monday through Saturday; closed Sunday
- d) Located inside the Three Bears Alaska store in Healy
Accessible 7am – 10pm / Monday through Saturday; 8am – 10pm / Sunday
Pay GVEA Bill at Drop Boxes:
Golden Valley Electric offers drop boxes to make the payment. The drop boxes are available in these shopping locations. Make sure that it will take 3 to 5 days for the office to receive the payment. The drop boxes are available on the Member Service building in Fairbanks.
How the Penalty Fees Work
- Golden Valley Electric Association charges several payment fees. These are the fees that you have to pay with the Golden Valley Electric Association bill:
- Late Payment Fee: If you cannot make the payment by the due date, you have to pay the late payment fees. For the late payment fees, you have to pay 10.5% of the due balance or at least $2.
- Collection Fee: For the collection fee on first notice, you have to pay $5. On second notice you have to pay $32.
- Reconnect Charges: For the reconnect after the service gets disconnected, you have to pay $51.
What to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
- Alaska is one of the coldest places in North America. In case, you cannot make the payment by the due date, contact the customer service department. The customer representative will work with you to pay your utility bill.
- You will also get the LIHEAP program for low-income customers. If you are under the federal income guideline, then you can apply for this program.
Read More : MetroPCS Online Bill Payment Process
Golden Valley Electric Association Customer Service
In case, you need to contact the customer service department of GVEA, then contact the customer service department at:
758 Illinois Street, Fairbanks AK 99701
PO Box 71249 Fairbanks, AK 99707-1249
907-452-1151 or 800-770-GVEA (4832)